Chicago Consular Corps (CCC) Scholarship
UIC students are invited to apply for the CCC Scholarship for the academic year 2016-2017. Fifteen successful applicants will each receive $1,000.00. Thirteen scholarships are available to UIC international degree seeking students. Two scholarships are available to full time, degree seeking American students. Eligible are UIC undergraduates and graduate students from all fields. Eligibility for the scholarship is limited to students who have a minimum cumulative UIC GPA of 3.5/4.0
APPLICATION DEADLINE IS Friday, September 30, 2016
Only complete applications will be considered. It is the student’s responsibility to ensure that all parts of the application are received.
Apply through UIC SnAP! At uic.academicworks.com
The following checklist will make it easier for you to complete your application:
- Academic Reference Form: The form must be completed by a college/university level professor/instructor and submitted through UIC SnAP app.
- Listing of academic awards or honors; clubs, activities and offices held; previous study/travel abroad; internships or volunteer work; and employment. This item can be a formal resume or similar document, which enables you to provide a description of yourself and your achievements in addition to the listing of courses and grades provided by your academic record (your transcript). There is no particular format required.
- A Statement of Goals (maximum of 500 words) explaining your academic and career goals, including any international aspects of such goals.
- For domestic students: Photocopy of applicant’s US passport page to include name, city of origin, and expiration date or another form of official ID. (uploaded into SnAP!)
- For foreign students: Photocopy of applicant’s passport page to include name, country and city of origin, & expiration date and copy of applicant’s foreign student visa page. (uploaded into SnAP!)
You will be notified about the status of your application after 10/01/2016.
Awardees are asked to participate of the CCC Award Ceremony to be held on mid-November at UIC.
PLEASE NOTE THAT STUDENTS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY TAXES INCURRED AS A RESULT OF RECEIVING THE CHICAGO CONSULAR CORPS SCHOLARSHIP.