Fulbright Nexus Program
Fulbright NEXUS Program– At its core, the Fulbright NEXUS Program fosters collaborative and multidisciplinary research to address challenging regional issues and produce tangible results.
- Twenty outstanding scholars and practitioners from the U.S. and abroad are selected as Fulbright NEXUS Scholars to participate in the program through an open competition. Five of the scholars are selected from the United States, five from Brazil, and the remaining ten will come from the Western Hemisphere countries. Lead Scholars Dr. Daniel M Kammen and Dr. Sergio Pacca will provide intellectual leadership to the 2014 NEXUS Scholars. This year, program activities will commence in June 2014 and conclude in May 2016.
- The Fulbright NEXUS Program will provide a platform for scholars from across the region to engage in collaborative thinking, analysis, problem-solving, and multi-disciplinary research in one of five areas:
- Renewable Energy, including Micro-Grid Innovations;
- Social and Behavioral Adaptation to Climate Change;
- Measuring Climate Change and its Impact (Metrics and Standards);
- Climate Change and Biodiversity;
- Climate Change and Food and Water Security
Click here for more information about the Fulbright NEXUS Program.